May 27, 2020
We’re hiring drivers
Safety is a high priority, so we implemented a number of procedures to ensure the well-being of drivers during orientation and while on the road:
• Drivers complete portions of orientation virtually before arriving.
• Single occupancy rental cars for each driver to come to orientation.
• Individual hotel rooms when attending orientation.
• Social distancing in terminals, shops, and around trucks.
• Thoroughly disinfected trucks for new drivers.
• Hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks provided to all drivers.
• Regular sanitizing of all Hummer facilities.
• Access to grab-and-go food at some driver’s lounges.
• Drivers and driver managers work together to overcome daily challenges in real-time.
• No-touch freight allows drivers to avoid unnecessary risks.
Ready to join our team? Find out about driving opportunities near you.
Don Hummer Trucking is proud of our ongoing commitment to ensuring the ongoing safety of our truck drivers. Be sure to check out past articles and news releases to learn more about our ongoing health and safety commitments to our company drivers and independent contractors.