Posted on August 18, 2022 at 3:54 PM by Blog Committee
Hummer Heritage Collection: Movin' On
One of the trucks in the Hummer Heritage Collection is inspired by the 1974 television show Movin' On (NBC, 1974 - 1976). The show starred Claude Akins as Sonny Pruitt and featured a green two-toned 1974 Kenworth W-925 ViT.
The featured Kenworth on set filming an episode of Movin' On. 2016 D'Antoni/Weitz Television Productions
Enjoy some fun trivia from the first inspiration for the Hummer Heritage Collection.
- Over the course of two seasons, a total of 44 episodes were produced. These were filmed across the United State and followed Sonny Pruitt & Will Chandler on their travels and subsequent adventures.
- The stars of the show, Claude Akins & Frank Converse, actually drove the trucks! Prior to the show, they earned their chauffeur's licenses (pre-CDL requirements).
- Movin' On was picked up as a series after the success of the made-for-television movie In Tandem (NBC, 1974).
- "Do it like Pruitt" was phrase commonly used on CB radio between truckers. Once the show was cancelled in 1976 the phrased changed to, "Do it like Pruitt used to."
- The original Movin' On truck was most recently featured at the 2018 Great American Truck Show.
- The Movin' On theme song was written and performed by country legend Merle Haggard!
Frank Converse (inside the tractor) and Claude Akins with the tractor from the movie, In Tandem. 2016 D'Antoni/Weitz Television Productions
If you missed the show during the original run in the 1970s, you can head over to Amazon Prime to stream the digitally remastered episodes. Be sure to keep checking back for our next Heritage Collection Truck reveal.