Posted on 05/07/2018 at 03:01 PM by Blog Committee
Use these tips to help you avoid lane change accidents.
- Check all mirrors several timesbefore making a lane change.
- Always use your blinker! Turn it on several seconds before making your lane change.
- Make sure you trip plan well. Knowing where you are going and what exit you are looking for will help eliminate unnecessary lane changes.
- If you miss an exit, do not panic! Do not make any rash lane changes, wait for the next exit and find a safe place to get turned around.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and what is coming upahead. If there is construction up ahead, give yourself plenty of time to get safely in the correct lane.
- Approach and enter intersections with caution. Check left, right, and left again before entering an intersection.
- Always be aware of your “No Zone”. Cars can virtually disappear from your view.
Did you know?
A recent study reported that there are approximately 630,000 lane change crashes annually.
It takes ¾ of a second from the moment your brain sends the signal to your foot to move from accelerator to when your foot actually applies the brake. You may have already travelled up to 60 feet in this time.
Written by Akeyla Choate