Posted on 01/04/2017 at 04:24 PM by Dena Boelter
Happy New Year! I have enjoyed getting to know a lot of drivers and other employees in my first 2 months of working here. I've already seen improvements with drivers drinking more water and using the healthy water flavorings provided here at the terminal. I've also heard that many drivers that are increasing their physical activity by parking further away in the parking lot to ensure they're getting their steps in. If you have an iPhone then your steps are already being tracked on the Health App. See what your average is and increase it by 2,000 per day for more energy, better sleep, lower blood pressure, and weight loss.
Come in to see me if you want to track your New Years Resolutions!
1. Do 20 squats and 20 push-ups for a full body workout that takes little time and can be done anywhere.
2. Stock up on healthy food by ordering online! Hy-vee offers online ordering for free and will deliver to you for a few dollars, or you can pick it up for free.
3. See all the Subways on the road? They offer one of the best and lowest priced salads with unlimited ingredient options.
4. Feeling energy dips throughout the day? Sugar is probably the culprit. Swap out one of your sodas or sugary Gatorade for a bottle of water and get off of the blood sugar roller coaster.
5. When you're listening to the radio, flex your abdominal muscles for the duration of each commercial. This will increase your ab strength, which will help with back pain, and tone your abs.
6. Use the step tracker on your iPhone, it automatically tracks your steps. You can also download a step tracking app if you have an android.
Try to get 10,000 steps per day for optimal health.
7. If I had to offer one piece of advice it would be to vastly increase your consumption of vegetables and fruits to improve your overall health in all aspects!
Written by Rolling Strong fitness coach, LeAnn