Posted on 10/28/2016 at 03:26 PM by Dena Boelter
Fall is in the Air
It is that time of year. The mornings are getting frosty, the days are getting shorter, and football is on TV.
Fall has arrived! Some fun facts about fall:
- The largest squash grown on record weighing 1,486.6 pounds in 2011 belonged to Joel Jarvis of Ontario.
- In the fall, monarch butterflies migrate from the U.S. to Mexico and some parts of Southern California flying at speeds ranging between 12 and 25 mph.
- The largest pumpkin pie ever made was in New Bremen, OH. It was 20 feet in diameter and weighed 3,699 pounds!
- One gallon of apple cider takes about 40 apples to make.
- The University Of Chicago researchers have found that people born in the fall have the highest chance of living to be 100 years old.
Enjoy the crisp fall weather!
Written by Angie Walters