Don Hummer Trucking

What’s Your Favorite Truck in the Fleet?

Posted on 06/30/2015 at 09:01 AM by Dena Boelter

Most of us have a favorite “something”.  A favorite color, a favorite food or maybe it’s a favorite song.  If you are in the trucking industry, chances are you have a favorite truck.  Have you ever wondered why people lean towards one specific truck verses another?  Is it the way it looks?  Is it the way it rides?  Is it the amenities that are offered?  I was interested to find out some of your favorite trucks in our fleet and why they are your favorite.

I had the opportunity to speak with a few people from our Hummer team and ask them what their favorite truck in our fleet is and why:

• Donteae Gibson’s favorite truck in the fleet is the Volvo.  He said he really likes the Volvo because he said it has a lot of room.
  • Ron Russell’s favorite truck in the fleet is the Peterbilt.  Ron said he loves his Peterbilt.  His favorite features are the double bunk, the refrigerator, and the most important he says is the awesome stereo!
  • Art Stauffer’s favorite truck in the fleet is the Volvo.    He loves the fact that it has a lot of room.  Space is not the only thing that Art likes about the Volvo.  He said he also likes the power the Volvo provides.

Tell us what your favorite truck in the fleet is and why.

Submitted by Angie Walters

Comments
My favorite truck since I have been employed to HUMMER was 7014 International. It was my favorite truck because thus far it is the only truck that I drove for HUMMER that ran 68 mph. My focus is moving freight and with my new 2014 Volvo I have monster pulling power up any mountain but I sure wished it ran 68 mph.
Mark Gray | 01/20/2017 at 03:04 AM
The Corderos favorite trucks are the ones that do not have an automatic transmission. As far As motors Rafael is a Detroit Diesel fan. Mia doesn't care as long as it does not have a lot of mechanical issues.
Cordero Team | 01/20/2017 at 03:04 AM
That is a very interesting question. I really like the international but my preference is the freight liner due to the set up with super single drives and still have 2 100 gallon fuel tanks. Due to where I prefer to run vision and mirror placement is high on my list and international rates the highest next in a close 2nd is freight liner
Leroy McCall | 01/20/2017 at 03:04 AM
I been in a freightliner then went solo in a new volvo. Then back to a freightliner, the volvo has comfort and room but the peterbuilt has the class
Kevin Heiter | 01/20/2017 at 03:04 AM
Freight liner with Detroit Diesel is the best truck on the road.
Daniel Hochleutner | 01/20/2017 at 03:04 AM
Coming from a team that has been in ever truck make that Don Hummer Trucking has we must say Volvo. Best ride most room and best pulling. Wish we had never gave ours up.
Timothy L Anderson | 01/20/2017 at 03:04 AM
2016 International! Its my home away! I love everything about this truck.. Its Awesome!
Tama Strother | 01/20/2017 at 03:04 AM
My favorite truck is the Peterbilt. I like the ride and the big bunk area. It also has a fridge that makes it nice to take home cooked meals with you.
Dave Dreier | 01/20/2017 at 03:04 AM
So far I like the International that I have. I will say though I did like Ron Russell's Peterbilt when I trained with him. My own personal truck is also red.
Ross Scott | 01/20/2017 at 03:04 AM

* Indicates a required field

© 2019 Don Hummer Trucking Corp.