Posted on 04/22/2015 at 11:16 AM by Troy Cummings
What is the safest way to clean your tractor windshield? Here are a few tips:
- Rain X or Lemon Pledge on the windshield once a week will help keep the bugs from sticking. Lemon Pledge is more cost effective. Research has shown that using a hydrophobic like Rain X or Lemon Pledge can increase the drivers’ visual acuity by as much as 34 percent and cut response time to a test target from four seconds to three. (A single second represents a significant margin of safety, since it translates to about 58 feet at 40 mph.)
- Our fuel island now has squeegees and buckets just like the truck stops.
- Never stand on the tire or the fender of the truck as these are not a safe step.
- Clean your windshield each time you fuel. Studies show that a dirty windshield can reduce visibility by up to 40 percent!
- Clean the inside of your windshield weekly. Smoking, heaters, and your defroster will leave a film on the inside of the windshield this coating also creates more glare from the headlights of incoming vehicles.
Submitted by Greg Edwards, CDS