How much experience do I need?
We require a minimum of 18 months recent Over the Road experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment.
Do you have a minimum age requirement?
Yes, you must be at lest 23 years old to drive for Don Hummer Trucking.
What if I have had moving violations?
You can have no more than 5 moving violations in the last 3 years, or no more than 3 moving violations in the last 12 months.
What about accidents in my past?
You cannot have any DOT preventable accidents in the last 3 years.
Can I have a major traffic violation?
Not within the last 3 years. We consider the following to be major traffic violations:
- Reckless/careless driving, as defined by state or local law or reguation, including, but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes
- Following the vehicle ahead too closely
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, failure to report and accident
- Excessive speeding (15 mph or more over the posted limit).
Other minimum requirements include:
- Must have a valid Commercial Drivers License in your state of residence with required property endorsements
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regualtions
- Must not have a current license suspension or revocation